A Sketch is a rough drawing of whatever the artist is trying to create. Many people have tried it, and some do it every day. This post will include the best sketching tools, it will help you find the perfect tools to sketch with, leaving you to find the right technique.
The Best Sketching Tools
I’ve put together this collection to help you find the some of the best sketching tools online. You don’t really need all of these to create a sketch, technically you only need a pen and paper, these tools does however add something extra to your sketches. I for one am a huge fan of the Uni Pin pen, because it adds the correctly amount of ink, it creates thin dark lines, and it dries fast. Some font sketch artists use markers to create thick lines of their text, and some use pencils. It’s all about finding your own favorite tools, all that’s left then, is the right sketching technique.
Sketching Tools: Pens
- This set of 5 Black Uni Pin Fineliners includes a 0.1mm, 0.2mm, 0.3mm, 0.5mm and 0.8mm
- Water-resistant, lightfast ink
- Long, metal-clad tip – especially suitable for use with rulers and stencils
- Ergonomic grip zone and pocket clasp
- Chiseled metallic grip inlaid with soft latex-free pads provides writing comfort
- Dual-action retractor advances and retracts tip for easy use
- Superior drafting pencil for general and technical writing
- Refillable with Pentel Super Hi-Polymer Lead and Z2-1 eraser
- America’s No.1 selling Gel Ink Pen
- Dynamic Gel Ink Formula that’s smooth writing and smear-proof
- Contoured rubber grip for writing comfort
- It is retractable and refillable
- Available in black, blue & red inks, and Ultra Fine, Extra Fine, Fine and Bold Point sizes
- The pigmented ink writes smoothly and helps prevent check washing.
- Textured grip.
- Semi-translucent barrel.
- Gel ink is fade-proof and water-resistant.
- Uni-Ball Vision Rollerball Pen.
- Fine Tip.
- Black Ink.
- Smooth blend of liquid and gel ink
- Quick drying ink
- 0.7mm metal tip
- Made of 53% recycled plastic
Sketching Tools: Markers
- These markers are known for quickly drying, and being permanent and water resistant on most surfaces
- Includes 12 fine tip permanent markers per pack
- Conforms to astm d4236
- Available in assorted color
- Set of 95 colors and 1 blender pen, with flexible brush tip and fine tip in one marker
- Durable nylon brush tip can create fine, medium or bold strokes and fine tip gives consistent line
- Colorless blender pen softens and blends colors, creating a watercolor effect
- The water-based ink is non-toxic, blend able, non-bleeding, and odorless
- Tips self-clean after blending
- Ideal for professional fine art and crafts
- Tombow Perks; spend $50 get $10 gift card, spend $100 get $25 gift card – see PDF attachment under Product Details
Sketching Tools: Pencils
- The special attraction of these writing implements is the barrel carved from tough maple, stained a reddish colour
- The spring-loaded clip is idea for a jacket or shirt pocket
- The twist pencil has a continuous-action twist mechanism
- Tough 1.4mm lead which is particularly comfortable to write with, reservoir for six leads and an extra-large eraser under the end cap
- Drawing set
- 18-piece set
- Great for beginners
- Set contains eight pencils, three charcoal pencils, one sketch stick and two charcoal sticks.
- Additional two sharpeners and two erasers
Sketching Tools: Sketch Books
This basic, yet classic Large Plain notebook is one of the best selling Moleskine notebooks. This reliable travel companion, perfect for sketches, thoughts and passing notes, has a cardboard bound cover with rounded corners, acid free paper, a bookmark, an elastic closure and an expandable inner pocket that contains the Moleskine history.
I hope this collection of sketching tools has helped you, at least enough to encourage you to start sketching. I for one had to stop in the middle of this post to sketch away 5 papers. If you have any sketching tools that you use, and think they should be in this collection, please share them in the comments.